Thursday, August 17, 2006

Saintly Banner

After Jennifer's last post I wasn't sure if I wanted to barricade myself in my office and cry or wander the parking lot hoping to get hit by a parked car. Okay, so I wasn't that hysterical, but the idea that something may occur on August 22nd is a bit frightening. I'm praying and I'm sure you are too.

Now, on to the part that makes me smile (and therefore should also make you smile, I hope)! Drum roll please!...

Beautiful isn't it? It's an illustration of Saint Joan of Arc by an artist named Michael Komarck. You can check out his work (which is mainly for games and books) at his website, http://www.komarckart.com . He's very talented and did a few of Saint Joan of Arc for a card game called Anachronism (very good game).

You can even buy a print of this illustration, something I'm considering. Anyway, just thought I'd bring about some beauty in the shadow of this possible impending darkness. And I figured St. Joan of Arc was quite appropriate. Please pray with us this beautiful prayer...

"In the face of your enemies, in the face of harassment, ridicule, and doubt, you held firm in your faith. Even in your abandonment, alone and without friends, you held firm in your faith. Even as you faced your own mortality, you held firm in your faith. I pray that I may be as bold in my beliefs as you, St. Joan. I ask that you ride alongside me in my own battles. Help me be mindful that what is worthwhile can be won when I persist. Help me hold firm in my faith. Help me believe in my ability to act well and wisely. Amen." (from here.)

No comments: