Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11

Five years ago today a horrible thing happened in New York, USA. You know what it was, everyone does. And while it's largely seen as a horrible American tragedy, I offer a view that's un-nationalistic. Yes, I'm aware that "un-nationalistic" isn't a word, but I had to choose carefully how I worded what I'm trying to say. You see, to say unpatriotic would not be accurate. The attack on the World Trade Center was very much driven by and an attack against patriotism. I'm not unpatriotic, I have a love for this country that's rooted in my right to be free and gratitude for the things I often (though I shouldn't) take for granted.

The "un-nationalistic" view I offer is one of worldwide tragedy. The day muslim extremists hijacked those planes and ran them into the towers and the Pentagon was a day of horrorific tragedy for all that is good and holy in the world. It doesn't just affect the families of the victims, or New York, or this country. It affects anyone that believes in anything right and just. And for those who feel that what happened was just and right, a true seed of evil is planted in them, one that deeply saddens me. Christians worldwide must unite under a banner of unwavering trust in Christ or such seeds of evil will sprout into much more dangerous forms. We see it even today in the Middle East where extremist groups operate under the brainwashed guise of martyrdom.

God Bless the families of the victims of the 9-11 attacks. God Bless the heros aboard Flight 93. God Bless America and every other country in the world. God Bless thouse who stand for peace and the light of truth. Pax Christi.

No comments: